Discover how it was done by Someone, who has had the greatest impact on our world, and by His first followers and find an inspiration:
In what situation was Jesus?
(20) Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. (21) When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, For they said, “He is out of his mind.” (Mark 3)
When Jesus ministered to people according to their needs, so many came and wanted something that a chaos started.
What was Jesus idea for this chaos?
(13) Jesus went up on a mountainside and called to him those he wanted, and they came to him. (14) He appointed twelve[a] that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach. (Mark 3)
He chose a small group of disciples who had the same dream as He, and focused on them. They became friends.
What was Jesus plan?
(19) Therefore go and make disciples of all nations… (Matthew 28)
Disciples had to do the same thing He did – choose their disciples and concentrate on them, and so on and so on.
How did next disciples do, according to what Paul wrote about Timothy?
(10) You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance… (2 Timothy 3)
Timothy wanted to be Paul’s follower. This dream shaped him.
How Paul conveys Jesus plan to Timothy?
(2) And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others. (2 Timothy 2)
Timothy has to find reliable people, who will be able to faithfully pass the knowledge.
How important were for Paul his disciples, e.g. Titus?
(12) Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me, (13) I still had no peace of mind, because I did not find my brother Titus there. So I said goodbye to them and went on to Macedonia. (2 Corinthians 2)
There was nothing more important than disciples. This is the best way against chaos!
- Multiplication according to Jesus formula is an effective way to change the world.
- Of course, you won’t change the world alone, but you will surely change it with the help of your disciples!
- If multiplication is so effective, why do it differently?
- If you want to build other people into Christ’s disciples, you need to become a disciple yourself.
- Without friendship everything loses the meaning.